Sunday, July 13, 2008

Gratitude

"Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend. Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow."

Melody Beattie


JEAN'S GRATITUDE CHALLENGE

Friends,

I invite you to consider whether or not you practice an ATTITUDE OF GRATITUDE on a daily basis. Developing an attitude of gratitude WILL change your life. Are you a "glass is half-full" or a "glass is half-empty" type of person? Are you an optimist or a pessimist? You are probably saying, "Jean, what difference does it make?" IT MAKES ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD. Why should you make the time to focus on gratitude? Because what you focus on GROWS!

I want to challenge you today to begin keeping a GRATITUDE JOURNAL. Write down at least 5 things each day for which you are grateful. Celebrate the gifts you see, hear, smell, taste, and touch! Accept my invitation to practice an attitude of gratitude and you'll soon understand that A LITTLE GRATITUDE GOES A LONG WAY!

With Gratitude,
Jean



JEAN'S GRATITUDE JOURNAL
JULY 13, 2008

1. I am grateful for the flowers in my butterfly gardens!
2. I am grateful for music!
3. I am grateful for the precious words, "I love you."
4. I am grateful for new beginnings.
5. I am grateful for Tyler's Mystic Moon.
6. I am grateful for the book, THE MAGIC BOX, by Egan Sanders.
7. I am grateful for having buttermilk pancakes (with peaches, blueberries, and real maple syrup) with my father and my sister.
8. I am grateful for my blessed life.
9. I am grateful for giggles.
10. I am grateful for the gift of the present.