Monday, September 1, 2008

Blessed Are They That Mourn

Today is September 1, 2008. One year ago today my dear friend’s daughter died…the day after she celebrated her birthday. Three times this morning, the angels directed me to the same quote in three different sources:

Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.

---Matthew 5:4

The following inspirational passage is an excerpt from a beautiful book, written by a mother who lost her child. BLESSED ARE THEY THAT MOURN; COMFORT IN THE ARMS OF THE ANGELS by Brenda Schmidt enables you to feel the loving embrace of God and the angels as your heart is held with healing compassion, light, and love. Brenda celebrates her ability to communicate with her son after his passing. She shares the joy of realizing her son continues to live on in spirit and celebrates the moments when she feels him and hears him. Yes, their relationship continues!

As a spiritual advisor and healer, I know that when we die our lives continue, just in a different form. Many of you have had experiences where you have felt, heard, smelled, and/or seen Spirit. Perhaps you just don’t tell others, preferring to keep it to yourself. Maybe you are afraid others will think you are really “out there” and fear being rejected. I encourage you to own your experiences and to give thanks for those precious gifts.

Grief changes us. It deconstructs, challenges, tempers, strips, hurts, breaks, and destroys.

And then,……and then, we emerge, after the ravages of grief with our broken hearts crying out to make sense of the unreal. There is new life. There are new beginnings. There is the dawn of the new day. We are forever changed.

May Brenda’s excerpt give you peace that passes all understanding and may you find comfort in the arms of the angels.

Holding Your Heart With Love and Light,

Jeanne

Brenda writes:

As a bereaved parent, I am on my own journey through grief. I give thanks daily for all the comfort I have received from God, his Angels, all my loved ones on both sides of the veil, my fellow bereaved friends, spiritual mentors and thousands of authors. Collectively, they have pushed me out of the black hole that is grief and into a new, whole and happy of life of peace and understanding.

I have learned that you do not “get over” the physical loss of your child or a special loved one, but you can develop a new, deeper, spiritual, visual---even physical relationship, that may seem impossible to anyone who has not pursued it.

To accomplish this, it takes time, millions of tears, sorrow, blackness, an unbelievable amount of pain and suffering, hard work, study, patience, understanding, compassion toward others and much prayer and assistance from above. This is “grief work.” Do it and the outcome can be astounding.

I will not say that I am no longer in grief or that I will ever be finished grieving the loss of my son. But the horrible emptiness has been filled with love and I am a new person. I develop and grow daily. The bad days are rare. The good days are better than ever. Life seems so different, so filled with love and so worthwhile. I know after seeing the darkest night, the light of life shines so much brighter.

It is my hope that each of you will also eventually find a level of happiness; although different from your life before grief; still rewarding in ways that are as yet, unimaginable.

In the last three years I have spoken with hundreds of people walking the path through grief and my heart aches as I absorb and understand a bit of the pain each one is living with. Each day I learn of tragedies more intense than my own. I am truly amazed at the capacity of the human spirit. There are too many people experiencing the excruciating pain of grief. Each individual has a special relationship to the one they have lost and each is unique in their suffering. We must find our own way out of these depths of sorrow. The climb is not easy, but with perseverance and help, anyone can survive the worst loss---which is their own.

My love and prayers from the bottom of my heart and soul go out to all of you that suffer the seeming endlessness of grief. There is hope. There is relief. There is peace. There is happiness. I hope that with these thoughts and exercises we can push you a little farther down the path---out of darkness and into the light.

Peace be with you,

Brenda Schmidt